11.3.14

No Stove Week

Not really able to focus on the tasks at hand at the moment so I decided to write type. So here goes my thoughts.

We're without a stove for a week more and it's been harder than I imagined. I figured it'd not be a problem because we have 5 slow cookers and I'm willing to cook almost anything in them. Well, I keep forgetting how quick sides are on the stove top. I usually cook my meats in the slow cooker cause it's convenient to place them in there in the morning for consumption that evening. An hour or so before dinner I usually begin my preparation of sides and cooking them so that everything is done around the same time. While i think it's just as convenient for sides to go in the slow cooker, I realize that I've just done general sides in the slow cooker (AND that's usually on a weekend). Also, it's real convenient to have our tea kettle heating up while we get ready in the morning versus having to warm water in the microwave. We LOVE tea so that's probably the biggest issue. Anyway, we'll do fine. Here are some of the things I'll be trying in the slow cooker this week:
  • Cheddar & Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops
  • Chicken
    • Chicken Enchiladas
  • Brussels Sprouts
  • Rice
  • Corn Bread
  • Red Beans
  • French Toast Casserole
So far the meats look delicious - I cooked those over the weekend. Today I'll tackle Brussels sprouts, rice, & corn bread. I may get to the french toast casserole too since I'd like that for breakfast. Red beans will be soaked tonight for cooking in the morning.

I just realized I should just try making me some tea concentrate to take care of this week. Then it's no biggie to warm up some water since it's no additional wait time for brewing. We shall see. We'll y'all I think that's it for now. I'm gonna go ahead and get to doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

Oh and before I forget - this week's slow cooker inspirations* came from the following websites:
*Inspirations = I don't follow directions well, but I used their recipes as a starting point.

Alright now ... type to y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment