25.9.13

Challenge 5: Taking Care of The Temple

SO my body is the temple of the Lord. 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20 states:
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
This to me has a lot of meaning and can be interpreted in so many different ways. Matter of fact, each time I read it, I find a different meaning in it that applies to that very moment. At this moment though, I'm using it to really refocus myself on being healthy in the physical. 

See, I've been slacking for awhile now. I had all of these plans for riding my bike & jump roping with lil man. And then there was the treadmill plan of doing a bit of jogging while lil man played. And finally, there was the whole I'll workout while lil man naps. NONE of them worked for long. I've tried all at least once, but didn't really focus on it and kept having excuses for not working out. My number 1 excuse is: "I'm tired." Well, now my issue is that "I'm tired" of looking at this flabby belly and feeling the (old) familiar fit of my clothes. Being too tired to really enjoy our active lifestyle, I feel like I'm dragging and holding the family back. That's not cool. So instead of continually failing at these writing challenges, I'm gone place myself on this physical challenge. This also means that I am officially giving my husband leeway to hold me accountable for my workouts. [There will probably be more posts about how I despise him cause he's a GREAT coach in the sense that he won't take no & forces you to really stretch out of your comfort zone when it comes to fitness. I still love him though.]

Now the other difference with this challenge is that I plan to build upon it not only with different fitness plans, but maybe even my eating habits. I suck at eating healthy for an extended amount of time. I do really well for a few months and then I do really bad for a few weeks and then the cycle repeats. I'd love to find a healthy eating space I can hold on to for life. I'm getting better though cause these few weeks of not so healthy having been as bad as in the past. And I've began dabbling in seafood again so yay me. I also haven't been cooking my homemade stuff so y'all know I'm feaning a good home cooked meal for the simple fact of cooking.

Speaking of, y'all up for a Sunday Dinner soon? I'm bringing it back now that we're back to just us ;) No really, I have this turkey that needs to get cooked before Thanksgiving. I'm thinking of slow cooking it. Hhhmmm ... I guess Id better get that thing out of the freezer so it can thaw.

Welp folks ... that's all. Again, if you see me or just think of me - holla at me about the love notes and this fitness challenge.

I just realized I didn't say what fitness challenge. I'll get to researching that cause it has to be something that will get me back energized about working out. On to my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment