29.4.14

O.O.F.S

OOFS: Out Of F*ing Shape

Well, I started my lil stair exercises and found that I am all kinds of totally out of shape. Totally out of effing shape. Yeah, that bad. I have a lil 20 minute routine and can't make it past the 10 minute mark. Honestly, I'm barely making it there! However, I'm having fun cause the lil person seems to enjoy doing the different exercise with me. Well, really he's not doing anything but running up the stairs and sliding down them, but still. It's time we spend together in which he sees mommy run cause I don't do it much. While sometimes he's in the way, I really wouldn't have it any other way. His lil "Mom, come on" takes my mind off of the frustration of not being in shape.

So. So far I've only done the exercises twice and I KNOW I have a LONG way to go. It's both encouraging and frustrating. Encouraging because it gives me a goal to work towards and will challenge me as I strive to get there. Frustrating because I just didn't realize just how out of effing shape I am currently. I mean, I know I haven't been doing my due diligence working out, but whew! The good thing about it though is that I am determined to be able to complete this doggone exercise routine so I won't be giving up any time soon.

Oh yeah, I guess I didn't tell you the routine. Probably shouldn't until I can really finish it so you're not judging me, but whatevs - I didn't make it up on my own. I found the routine here. I made lil Reminder Cards for each step. The Steps are:

  1. Walk up/down - 2 minutes
  2. Jog up/down - 2 minutes
  3. Walk up/down, Skip Step - 2 minutes
  4. Jog up/down - 2 minutes
  5. Jog up/down, Skip Step - 2 minutes
  6. Push-ups - 1 minute
  7. Walk/Jog up/down - 1 minute
  8. Split Squats - 2 minutes
  9. Plank Step Ups - 1 minute
  10. Tricep Dips - 1 minute
  11. Walk/Jog up/down, Skip Step - 2 minutes
  12. Walk up/down - 2 minutes
As you can see, I haven't made it to the push-ups just yet. Push-ups have always been my kryptonite of sorts. Also, hated them. When I was younger I'd choose something else if I had a choice in the matter. My upper body is weak, but my legs are pretty strong - I'll choose kickboxing over regular boxing any day. I might be able to actually do some damage that way. Anyway, that's my OOFS Story of the moment. I'm sure I'll have plenty more as I travel on my #DoBetter&Exercise Journey. 

Any exercise startup stories out there? Extra motivation & encouragement is always welcome! Good luck getting/staying healthy & fit out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment