1.5.13

Love Song Jams


Today’s music sucks! That’s right I said it - I do not like it, for the most part.  There are exceptions to the rule and there are some artist in which I can really dig.  But for the most part, I am not a fan when it comes to the youngin’s that are making the music nowadays.  I’m 37 and proud and my wife has an “old soul” when it comes to her musical tastes, so it’s no real surprise when we both criticize the songs being played on the radio.

To me, my favorite jams, especially when it comes to R&B, occurred in the 90’s.  My high school and college years were filled with hits from Jodeci (Forever my Lady) to Jagged Edge (Gotta Be).  TLC (Creep) to SWV (You’re Always On My Mind).  And who can forget Luther?!  Wifey - she’s a Temptations, Earth Wind & Fire kind of lady.

Don’t get me wrong - I love “Golden Oldies”: Lionel Richie (with AND without the Commodores), Jeffrey Osborne (again, both solo and with LTD), and of course, my all time favorite artist, Stevie Wonder.

So, now that you have a little insight into my musical tastes, allow me to share with you, my Top 10 favorite Slow Jams:

10. One Last Cry - Brian McKnight
9.  Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx
8. Someone To Love - Jon B Feat Babyface
7. Fine Time - SWV
6. Kissing You - Keith Washington
5. U & I - Jodeci
4. You Should Be Mine - Jeffrey Osborne
3.  Sign Your Name - Terence Trent D’Arby
2. Gotta Be - Jagged Edge
1. A Ribbon in the Sky - Stevie Wonder

This is only 10, and trust me, there are SOOOOOO many that I wanted to include, but I only have a little bit of time.

SO now that you know what I would put on one of my slow jam tapes (I do have many), what about you? What are your favorite songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment