30.4.13

Reasons Why I Work

Now that I’m actually on some kind of career path, I find that I no longer work just for a check. Now, there’s a myriad of reasons why I force my behind to get up and get to work. Let’s check some out.

I work to become debt free
This is probably the number 1 reason for me working these days. For whatever reason, I am extremely focused on this debt free plan. It’s become a sort of obsession to find ways to budget that’ll work for my family. I struggle because we have A LOT of debt and I have no idea of really where to start. Well, I think I know where to start, but my husband is real laid back about it that it sometimes frustrates me. I don’t think he even realizes just how much it frustrates me because I haven’t pestered him enough I guess. I don’t know for real, but it’s just not something that’s at the forefront for him to be proactive about I guess. Again, unknowns. Anyway, I’m looking forward to the day that I can say we’re completely debt free and only work to go on vacations.

I work to afford vacations
So this is what I want to be my top & only reason for working one of these days. See, I believe that vacations are MY drug of choice. I love researching them. I love daydreaming about them. I love going on them. I LOVE vacations. And I don’t need an expensive one; Free ones work just fine for me. I’d probably love being a travel agent if I were more people-friendly. Eh, I know them so I’ll just keep scheduling through them as usual.

I work to pay bills
This is just what we do. Bills have to be paid in order for us to have a roof over our head, heat in the winter, water for essentials, and the internet for everything else :) Also, we love to eat so we’re all about groceries, but I do coupon now so hopefully that helps here.

I work to gain experience
This is the lie I told myself when I took the job and what I continue to tell myself to motivate me to actually do my job (and sometimes more). However, this is not my forever and I have all kinds of entrepreneur ideas that I know will come to fruition one of these days. Hopefully that’s sooner than later so keep on us about our ideas if you know them. If you don’t, well ask … we love to share.

I work to …
what? You thought I had all of the answers? Nope. Those are reasons why I work. What about you? Why do you work?

No comments:

Post a Comment