30.7.13

Cherry Baked Oatmeal

There were no random thoughts decent enough for a blog post for me. So let’s see what I can come up with on the fly …


Oh wait - we did just come into a new toy! It’ll be at our house by the end of the weekend. AND it could be promising for more than just its educational purpose. More on that another day.

See?!
Ah! I made Cherry Baked Oatmeal last night. Yummy! If you haven’t tried baked oatmeal yet, do iiit … do iiit … just do it do it do iiittt!!! :D Seriously, though it’s amazing! Like having dessert for breakfast! You can make it even healthier by substituting bananas or applesauce into the recipe to replace the sugar. Of course, there are probably a few other adjustments when doing that, but still - it’s delicious! I never use the same recipe, but I’m trying to get there. I found a mixture we like, but I keep experimenting; this experiment was a success!


Butter (or spray) a pan {I used a pie pan}. Place the cherries (halved & pitted) in the bottom of the pan. Whisk together eggs & half & half & melted butter. Mix together oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Combine egg mixture with oatmeal mixture and then just pour the mixture right on over those cherries at the bottom of the pan. Place this into a preheated 350° oven for about 35 minutes (until edges are a golden brown). Mmmmm!


{... this is just an excerpt. Measurements are not included because I didn't measure my ingredients. I eyeballed it for the most part. Hopefully, I will measure the next time.}

No comments:

Post a Comment