24.4.13

Understanding the Ones You DON'T Love


Good day all,
Generally on Wednesday’s we try to talk about love in some aspect.  We (the members that belong to Second Baptist Church in Ann Arbor) have been taught that the Definition of Love is Understanding, Reaching & Securing.  I’ll go into a breakdown of each at another time, but for now, it is based off the scripture John 3:16; For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

We are also taught, in general, to love our enemies.  This is not always the easiest of things to do, at least for me. Trust - I don’t have love for certain people for a reason.  They seem like they have a special way to work that very last nerve.  But I’ve also learned that in order to get to the spot where you can love anyone, you must start to understand them.  

I’m not saying that you must have a Psychological degree in advanced human behavior to have a better idea of where a person is coming from.  I have learned over time, finding something, as simple, as where a person is originally from can help the understanding process.  Now I don’t want to excuse the fact that some people are still handicapped by their own ignorance, but it helps me a ton to see that perhaps a person may have had a “skewed” perspective on things as they grew up.  I have a better idea of what they may have dealt with.

Once this “understanding” starts to take place, I begin to see why me and others interact the way we do, if at all.  The main point coming from that no 2 people are exactly alike.  I can start to formulate my opinions from there on how best to deal with others and show respect as opposed to my natural inclination of prejudging them and labeling them as a “dumbass”...

No comments:

Post a Comment